New Year Holiday is the best time to travel and for those who are planning to travel to Asia, Malaysia is one of the ideal choices. The destination we would like to introduce to you in this post is the beautiful island Langkawi. So here is our suggested itinerary for 3 days discovering this island that you can refer.
Day 1: Transfer to Langkawi
6h – 11h: Langkawi arrival
Your flight to Kuala Lumpur will take you to the Kuala Lumpur International Airport and then you have to take another flight to reach Langkawi Island. However, because the number of tourists coming to Malaysia on New Year Holiday is very large so to be more convenient, you should book air tickets in advance for several weeks or months.
12h: Check in hotel in Langkawi
New Year is the peak season in Malaysia so you also should book hotel in advance to get the best price. Here are some best and cheap hotels in Langkawi you can choose:
- Adya Hotel: No. 1 PT4001, Persiaran Mutiara 2 Mukim, Kuah, Langkawi. Room rates: $40-91.
- G Langkawi Motel: Lot 403 (Plot C), Kampung Kelibang, Mukim Kuah, Daerah Langkawi, Kuah, Langkawi. Room rates: $18-21$.
- HIG Hotel: Lot 1852, Jalan Penarak, Kuah, Langkawi. Room rates: $26-46
- Royal Agate Beach Resort: 1659, Jalan Pantai Cenang, Pantai Cenang, Pantai Cenang, Langkawi. Room rates: $35-37.
- Temple Tree Resort: Jalan Pantai Cenang, Pantai Cenang, Langkawi. Room rates: $67-96.
After that, you have lunch at the hotel and take a short rest to start your journey discovering Langkawi in the afternoon.
13h – 17h: Visiting Langkawi
If you want to explore all the beauty of the island in the luxury way, you can take a tour to visit 3 most famous destinations in Langkawi:
- Beras Basah: The perfect place for you to swim, explore colorful fishes and have fun with friendly monkeys.
- Singa Besar: You will be enjoyed the beautiful natural scenery and took the nice pictures with eagles – the symbol of Langkawi island.
- Dayang Bunting: is the only place in the world having freshwater lake in the middle of the sea.
In case you want to save money, we recommend you going to Cenang beach to swim, enjoy nature and delicious dishes in Malaysia.
17h30 – 23h: Shopping – Dinning – Discovering the Langkawi’s nightlife
Shopping is one of the must-try experiences because it is only tax-free island in Malaysia. You can go to the streets, shopping centers, markets to buy items to get back as gifts for family and friends. After that, you can enjoy local cuisine in the eateries, street vendor or rent a bicycle, motorbike to discover the vibrant nightlife in here. Then return to the hotel for a break.
Day 02: Continue visiting Langkawi
You can have breakfast at the hotel or go out to enjoy traditional cuisine at the restaurants in Langkawi.
8h – 11h: Visit Kilim GeoPark
After breakfast, you continue your itinerary for 3 days in Langkawi by visiting the next destination – Kilim GeoPark. Here are some activities you can try at the park:
- Discover Bat Cave, Crocodile Cave
- Visit the mangrove forest to learn about the diverse flora and fauna here.
12h – 15h: Have lunch – Sky Bridge
After having lunch, you take a taxi to reach Sy Bridge – the famous bridge with 125m long and impressive architecture of Langkawi. From the bridge, you will have the chance to admire the amazing scenery of the island from above.
16h: Visit 3D Art Museum
3D Art Museum is also a must-see destination in Langkawi. Convenient location, right at the foot of the Sky Bridge, here you can see the impressive 3D artworks.
17h – 22h: Visit Telega Harbor – Night Bazaar
Telega Harbor is home to many of the most modern and luxurious boats in the world. Coming here, you can not only see the beautiful boats, but also rent the boats to explore the sea. After that, you head to Bazaar Night Market to shopping and savor the delicious local food. Break at the hotel.
Day 03: Last day in Langkawi
7h – 10h: Breakfast – Langkawi Eagle Square
Have breakfast at the hotel or restaurants in Langkawi. Then visit the Langkawi Eagle Square to explore the beautiful natural scenery and take a photos
11h: Swim and join beach activities
After visiting the Eagle Square, you return to the beach in Langkawi to swim and participate in exciting recreational activities such as canoe, parachute, air balloon,…
Break at the hotel.
13h30: Go to the airport to come back. End trip.
Read more Malaysia travel guides and other information, please visit our website. Like or share if this post is useful for you. Have a great trip!